Best Time to Visit Sarasota Florida
Sarasota is located in Florida's west coast, some 35 miles south of St Petersburg. Sarasota is an important beach destination, undoubtlely one of Florida's best and most beautiful.
Best time to visit Sarasota
Map of St. Petersburg, Tampa, Orlando and Sarasota
WHAT TO VISIT IN SARASOTA
Sarasota beaches lie on Lido Key and Siesta Key, two small islands in Sarasota Bay. They are both highly well regarded beaches.
Apart from the beaches, Sarasota also has an extraordinary complex of museums: the most famous is the Ringling Museum Complex. And a very lively nightlife and cultural life.
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL TO SARASOTA
Sarasota is located in the central-south Florida region. So, take the travel and climatic facts for the region into account:
- December-April - the winter - is a popular season. Many people visit in the Winter and accommodation costs are higher in this period.
- Humidity is high in the summer period (June to October) as well as the number of afternoon thunderstorms.
- It rains less in the winter than in the summer, but showers tend to be short; vacations aren't normally affected by them.
- Transitional months of Florida's Spring (April and May) and Florida's Autumn (September, October and November) are excellent periods to visit Sarasota. Autumn is a particularly good period in terms of temperatures and low precipitation and Spring and Autumn have very pleasant weather. Also, since they are rather off-peak periods you may find lower rates at hotels.
- The proximity of Orlando and American traditions turn Presidents' Day weekend (February), Easter week, Memorial Day weekend (end of May), the Fourth of July, Labour Day weekend (September), Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's into particularly packed periods.
For details on Sarasota weather and climate see Tampa and St Petersburg Weather Map